You how to make it with fresh meat or you can use leftover steak or even leftover beef roast. Great way to reuse your leftovers. Steak tacos are one of the first things I look for when I get to Mexico, top of my list my favorite taco street cart, mmmm.
Authentic Mexican Steak Tacos
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak cut into small chunks or thin slices (you
- can also use leftover steak)
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced garlic to taste
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 16 20 corn tortillas
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers or other hot peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 5 limes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1. Squeeze the juice of 3 limes onto your chopped meat, and let the meat marinade for at least one hour.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over mediumhigh heat. Fry the steak chunks & minced garlic, stirring constantly, until
- browned on the outside and cooked through – about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a
- plate and keep warm.
- 3. Heat the oil in the skillet, and quickly fry each tortilla on both sides, until lightly browned and flexible. Set
- aside, and keep warm. Don’t over fry – they only need about a minute or less on each side.
- 4. Top corn tortillas with steak, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to taste. Squeeze lime juice over. Wrap and eat.