Slice the tomatoes in half and throw away the seeds. Dice the tomatoes and place them in a small bowl.
The Best Authentic Guacamole
- 2 medium avocados about 1 pound total weight
- 2 small tomatoes ripe but firm to touch
- 1 small red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves only
- 1 Key lime juiced (should equal 1 Tablespoon of juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce such as Tabasco, optional
- 1.Slice the tomatoes in half and throw away the seeds. Dice the tomatoes and place them in a small bowl.
- 2.Finely chop cilantro leaves. Add about 3 Tablespoons to the small bowl of diced tomatoes.
- 3.Dice the onion. Combine with tomatoes and cilantro.
- 4.Split avocados and remove the pits. While still in its shell, slice the avocado's flesh left to right then top to bottom. Use a butter knife and try not to cut through the skin. Using a spoon, scoop the flesh from its shell.
- 5.Place avocado in a medium-sized mixing bowl along with 1 cup of the tomato, onion and cilantro mixture. Add kosher salt, lime juice and other optional ingredients.
- 6.If making chunky guacamole, gently fold ingredients together with a spatula. If the avocado is still firm, you may need to smash it with a fork to achieve a creamy consistency.