A perfect, warm, toasty Chicken Quesadilla makes a mighty delicious lunch or supper, especially around my house. Ready in just a few minutes, these make the perfect chicken quesadilla for a super quick, delicious, warm meal
Chicken Bacon Quesadilla
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Add diced bacon to a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until just crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon.
- Add chicken to skillet with bacon drippings.
- Cook, stirring often, until chicken has cooked throughout and browned lightly.
- Pour in buffalo sauce and add garlic salt to the chicken.
- Stir to combine well.
- Remove from heat.
- Melt about ½ tablespoon of butter in another cast iron skillet or on a griddle over low-medium heat.
- Add tortilla (flour or corn) and layer on about ½ cup of cheese, chicken, and reserved bacon pieces on one side of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla half over the portion of the tortilla filled with cheese, chicken and bacon.
- Cook until cheese has slightly melted, taking care to not allow tortilla to become too dark.
- Remove from skillet, cut into wedges and serve.