Chipotle Beef Tostadas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 large white onion minced
- Kosher salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 10- ounce can Mexican-style diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 15- ounce can pinto beans drained
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash diced
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- Juice of 1 lime plus lime wedges for serving
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 to stadas flat crisp tortillas or taco shells
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese about 4 ounces
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, half of the minced onion, 1 teaspoon salt and the chipotle chile powder.
- Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned and the onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Until the zucchini is just tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the coleslaw mix, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Divide the tostadas among plates and spoon the beef mixture on top.
- Top with the cheese, slaw and the remaining minced onion.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!