Charred corn and chicken have great summery flavors, but what really makes this tostada sing is the chipotle-lime cream sauce that holds everything on the shell.
Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce minced, plus 2-1/2 Tbs. sauce (from one can of chipotles in adobo sauce)
- 1 Tbs. canola or vegetable oil; more as needed
- 2 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 3 ears corn husked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 8 to stada shells
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Prepare a medium-high (400°F to 475°F) gas or charcoal grill fire.
- In a medium bowl, combine the minced chipotle and 2 Tbs. of the adobo sauce with the oil, zest, oregano, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Brush the corn lightly with oil and season generously with salt.
- Grill the chicken and corn, turning the chicken once and the corn a few times, until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 7 minutes, and the corn is charred in spots, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board, let rest for a few minutes, and then cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and cut the corn off the cob.
- Mix the sour cream with the lime juice, the remaining 1/2 Tbs. adobo sauce, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Spread evenly onto the tostada shells.
- Top with the corn, chicken, and cilantro.
- Serve with the lime wedges on the side, if using.