Cochinita Pibil Tortas
Write a review
- Cochinita Pibil from recipe in description
- french bread or bolillo
- 1 avocado
For the pickled red onions
- 1 Red Onion, sliced thin
- 2 Serrano Peppers, sliced thin longways
- 1 c white vinegar
- 1 1/2 c water
- 2-3 tbsp sugar, depending on how sweet you want
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
For the onions
- In a pot on low heat combine the water, vinegar, salt and sugar and stir until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Add the onions and peppers, stir and remove from heat.
- Place everything in a bowl to cool and cover.
- Leave out overnight then refrigerate.
- This should keep for about a week.
Assembling the Torta
- For the bottom layer place a good amount of cochinita pibil.
- Slice up some avocado and spread on the top bread.
- Put some of the pickled onions on top of the cochinita pibil.
- Place the torta in a pan on medium heat.
- Cook on both sides until crisp.