Few appetizers are more associated with Mexican food than guacamole (gwah-kuh-MOH-lay). Who can resist this sumptuous green dip made from ripe avocados? This recipe is the real thing with just the right balance of avocados, onion, jalapeño chilies, cilantro and lime juice.
- 2 large ripe avocados pitted, peeled and mashed
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 jalapeño chilies seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Tortilla chips if desired
- 1.Mix all ingredients except tortilla chips in glass or plastic bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- 2. Serve with tortilla chips.