- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 1 jalapeno seeds and membranes removed, finely minced (click here for how to)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt more to taste
- 4-6 cracks black pepper
- 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 small tortillas I like La Tortilla Factory White Corn
- 16 ounce can refried beans heated according to directions on can
- 6 eggs fried, baked, or poached
- 6 tablespoons feta cheese
- chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish and serving
- 1.Heat a medium sized skillet to medium heat. When hot, add olive oil and then onion, garlic and jalapeno. Saute, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes. Add cumin, salt and pepper and stir. Add tomatoes (including juices) and bring mixture to a simmer. Stir while simmering for about 5 minutes, using a spatula to scrape bottom of pan to release browned vegetables. Set salsa mixture aside.
- 2.Heat a clean non-stick skillet and spray with non-stick spray. Heat tortillas one at a time until bubbly and golden brown. Spread about 1/4 cup beans on each tortilla and top with a fried egg. Spoon about 1/4 cup salsa over the top and sprinkle with cilantro and feta. Serve with lime wedges if desired.
Adapted from ourbestbites.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!