Mexican Chilaquiles Rojos
- 10 corn tortillas cut into triangular wedges
- 1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 jalapeno seeded
- ½ of a medium white onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Cotija cheese
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Mexican Crema
- Pickled Jalapeno
- Radish Slices
- 1.Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange the tortilla wedges in a single layer on two 13 x 9 baking sheets. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- 2.Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, garlic, vegetable oil, salt, and cumin in the bowl of a blender or large food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a skillet and set the heat to medium-high. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, then reduce the heat to low and add the chicken broth. Taste and add salt as needed.
- 3.Transfer the baked chips to the skillet and fold gently into the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chips have softened.
- 4.Serve with toppings of your choice!
Use up your stale tortillas to make these delicious Mexican Chilaquiles Rojos! Adapted from thewanderlustkitchen.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!