Authentic Mexican Steak Tacos
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak cut into small chunks or thin slices (you
- can also use leftover steak)
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced garlic to taste
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 16 20 corn tortillas
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers or other hot peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 5 limes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- Squeeze the juice of 3 limes onto your chopped meat, and let the meat marinade for at least one hour.
- Heat a large skillet over mediumhigh heat. Fry the steak chunks & minced garlic, stirring constantly, until browned on the outside and cooked through – about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in the skillet, and quickly fry each tortilla on both sides, until lightly browned and flexible. Set aside, and keep warm. Don’t over fry – they only need about a minute or less on each side.
- Top corn tortillas with steak, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to taste. Squeeze lime juice over. Wrap and eat.