Chilaquiles Con Salsa Roja & Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts poached and shredded or leftover chicken, shredded
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes in juice
- 2 chipotle peppers minced + 1-2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce (this is what you need)
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- feta or queso fresco
- tortilla chips
- Add two chicken breasts to a pot, cover with cold water by a couple inches
- Add in a couple good pinches of salt, some pepper and some taco seasoning (here's my recipe!)
- Bring up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let it simmer for ten minutes uncovered.
- Turn off the heat and cover - let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the water and let cool for a few minutes and then shred with forks. 🙂
Adapted from instructables.com