Crazy-Fast Red Chilaquiles
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 jar chunky mild red salsa
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 7 oz. corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup black beans drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. vegan sour cream optional
- 1 Tbsp. guacamole optional
- 1.In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, then sauté the garlic and onions until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 2.Add the salsa and vegetable broth. Once it starts to boil, add the tortilla chips and stir until every chip is covered with the salsa and broth mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly to make sure every chip becomes soft. Add the black beans, salt, and pepper, cook for another minute, and serve.
- 3.Garnish with vegan sour cream and guacamole.
School is back, which means you'll need a satisfying breakfast to hold you through that not-so-interesting math class. That's where my crazy-fast and crazy-good chilaquiles come in. Chilaquiles are a traditional Mexican breakfast that's often served for lunch and even dinner, too—they're that good. Give them a try! Adapted from www.peta2.com