Crema de Frijol
- 2 to 3 Arbol Chilies
- 3 cups Cooked Beans with broth (Canned beans will work too!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Mexican crema
- In a skillet or comal, toast the chiles de arbol over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, just until they release their aroma.
- Remove the stems from the chilies.
- Puree the beans with the toasted chiles de arbol in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add one cup of water.
- Melt the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour the bean puree into the saucepan.
- Let cook, stirring occasionally, just until it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in the Mexican crema.
- Let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt, if necessary.
- Garnish with chile de arbol flakes.