Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 3 ripe Haas avocados
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 large Plum or Roma tomato deseeded and diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño or Serrano pepper optional
- Add finely diced onion to a small bowl then cover with warm water to de-flame, set aside.
- Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Then, use the same spoon to scoop out each avocado’s flesh and add to a medium bowl.
- Scatter lime juice over avocado then use a fork to gently mash until creamy, but still chunky. (Keep some texture).
- Add diced tomato, chopped cilantro, cumin, salt and the diced onion, you can add diced peppers (if using) to the avocado and stir to combine.
Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap by pushing the plastic wrap down onto the guacamole and refrigerate up to one day. Adapted from inspiredtaste.net