- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 serrano pepper diced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise low fat is fine or Mexican crema
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco or cotija cheese crumbled
- 1 lime cut into wedges optional
- Heat the butter in a medium pan.
- Add the serrano pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and salt.
- Sauté for another 4 minutes and remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool slightly and stir the mayonnaise in.
- Move to a serving bowl.
- In a separate small bowl mix the cayenne pepper and chili powder.
- Sprinkle as much of the powder mixture on top of the corn as you want.
- Top with queso fresco and lime juice (optional).
- Serve immediately.