- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ears fresh corn shucked, kernels removed (about 3 cups fresh corn kernels)
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces feta or cotija cheese finely crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely sliced scallion greens
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and stemmed, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 medium cloves garlic pressed or minced on a microplane grater (about 1 to 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lime
- Chili powder or hot chili flakes to taste
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over high heat until shimmering.
- Add corn kernels, season to taste with salt, toss once or twice, and cook without moving until charred on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Toss corn, stir, and repeat until charred on second side, about 2 minutes longer.
- Continue tossing and charring until well charred all over, about 10 minutes total.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, cheese, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, and chili powder and toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and more chili powder to taste.
- Serve immediately.