- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ears corn husked
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-3 Serrano pepper depending on your heat preference
- 2 oz 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (see note above)
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- juice from 1 lime
- zest from 1 lime
- plus additional salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your grill on high heat.
- While it heats up, husk the ears of corn and brush the oil onto them.
- Place the corn on the hot grill and let sit on the grill until the bottom side starts to char and then rotate the corn 90˚.
- Repeat until the entire ear of corn is charred, about 10 minutes on the grill.
- Remove and let cool.
- While the corn is cooling, finely mince the garlic (or force the garlic through a garlic press) and place in a large bowl.
- Finely dice the Serrano pepper, leaving in the inside members and seeds if you like your food spicy hot and place in the bowl with the garlic
- Add the cilantro to the bowl.
- Crumble the Cotjia cheese and add the mayonnaise, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper in the bowl.
- Add the juice and zest of the lime to the bowl.
- Once the corn has cooled enough to handle, cut the corn off the cob and add it to the bowl.
- Mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed then taste and adjust seasoning with more salt and pepper if necessary.