- 2 dried ancho chiles stem removed
- 1 dried guajillo chile stem removed
- 1 dried chipotle pepper stem removed
- 2 cups water
- 6 oz. Mexican chorizo casings removed
- 4 to 6 cups Frijoles de la Olla cooked beans, drained.
- In a small saucepan, bring the dried chilies to a boil in the 2 cups of water.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Puree the chiles in a blender until smooth.
- Strain the puree back into the saucepan.
- Season with salt and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the Mexican chorizo over medium-high heat until fully cooked.
- Add the beans and pureed chiles.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally and mashing the beans the slightly with the back of a wooden spoon, for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, if necessary.
Canned pinto beans can be used in place of the cooked beans.