- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 6 oz. Mexican chorizo casings removed
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 serrano chiles chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 slices ham chopped
- 4 hot dog franks cut in 1-inch slices
- 4 to 6 cups Frijoles de la Olla cooked beans
- 4 to 6 cups bean broth water and/or chicken broth
- 4 hot dog franks pork or turkey
- In a 4-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, brown the bacon and chorizo over medium-high heat until fully cooked; drain excess oil.
- Stir in chopped onion and chile pepper; saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, ham, and hot dog franks; saute for 2 more minutes.
- Finally, add the cooked beans, bean broth, and a couple sprigs of fresh cilantro.
- Cover stockpot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro.