Gorditas de Azucar | Sweet Gorditas
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup warm whole milk
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add butter and knead with hands until all ingredients are combined. Add milk and water and continue to knead until dough consistency has formed.
- Divide dough in 45 pieces and roll into balls. Place on baking sheets and cover with towels. Set aside for 1 hour to rest.
- Place a skillet or comal over medium heat.
- With a rolling pin, roll out each ball into 3-inch discs. Place 2 to 3 dough discs on hot skillet (or comal) and heat for 3 minutes on each side or until dough begins to blister and brown.
- Set aside to cool and repeat with remaining dough.
- Serve with your favorite sweet spread and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee.
Adapted from http://www.nibblesandfeasts.com/2014/08/gorditas-de-azucar-sweet-gorditas/