Mexican Chocolate Pots de Crème
- 1½ c. whole milk
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 6 oz. Mexican chocolate preferably Ibarra
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- Unsweetened whipped cream
- 1.In a medium saucepan, combine the whole milk with the heavy cream and bring to a simmer over moderately high heat.
- 2.In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks until combined. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot milk, then transfer the mixture to the saucepan. Cook the custard over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until it is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Immediately add the finely chopped Mexican and bittersweet chocolate and remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted, then strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a large glass measuring cup or bowl. Pour the chocolate mixture into 6 small bowls and refrigerate until the pots de crème are chilled, at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve the pots de crème with unsweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Adapted from www.delish.com