Mild Salsa Roja Recipe
- ½ onion peeled and quartered
- 2 large tomatoes halved and cored
- 1 jalapeno pepper halved with seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 poblano pepper halved with seeds removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat a large skillet over high heat for two or three minutes until hot. Add the peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and onions.
- Rotate the vegetables in the pan until all sides are slightly charred.
- When charred, move the vegetables to a food processor and pulse until well blended, but with some texture still remaining. Add salt (season to taste). Serve warm or cold.
Adapted from itsnoteasyeatinggreen.wordpress.com