Mini Mexican Gorditas
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large lemon 2 teaspoons grated peel and 4 1/2 teaspoons juice
- 1 box 10 oz Green Giant™ Steamers™ Niblets™ frozen corn & butter sauce
- 6 oz bulk chorizo sausage crumbled
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits 8 biscuits
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Corn Oil
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese 4 oz
- Heat oven to 300°F. In small bowl, mix avocado, lemon peel, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate. Microwave corn as directed on box. Pour into medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked. Drain on paper towels. Wipe skillet clean. Add sausage to corn.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each biscuit evenly into 3 wedges. Press or roll each wedge to form 3-inch round.
- In same skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Add 6 biscuit rounds; cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining biscuit rounds, adding 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to skillet for each batch.
- Top each biscuit round with 1 tablespoon sausage mixture and 2 teaspoons cheese. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each evenly with avocado mixture. Serve warm.
Adapted from http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/mini-mexican-gorditas/1f760755-4fd8-4522-b5f4-a2f0b9741450