Pastel de Tres Leches (Three Milk Cake)
- 6 eggs separated
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup whipped cream optional
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries optional
- Add all ingredients to list
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2.Grease a 10x15-inch baking dish.
- 3.Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form; gradually beat in sugar until mixture is glossy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, combining each yolk before adding the next. Reduce mixer speed to medium and add flour, about 1 tablespoon at a time, to the mixture, beating continuously; beat in baking powder, milk, and vanilla extract. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- 4.Bake in the preheated oven until cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cake cool for 15 minutes.
- 5.Pour 1 cup cream, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk in a blender and pulse several times until well blended. Pour three-milk mixture evenly over the cake. Refrigerate cake until cold and the milk mixture has soaked in, at least 1 hour.
- 6.Cut in squares and top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from allrecipes.com