South Western Chicken Quesadillas
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil divided
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 small 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 red bell pepper halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper halved lengthwise, seeded
- 4 slices 1/4-inch red onion
- 8 7 to 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups 8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese or Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Combine 2 Tbsp. oil, the chili powder, cumin and salt, mix well.
- Brush over both sides of chicken, bell peppers and onion slices.
- Grill chicken and vegetables over medium coals 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, transfer to chopping board.
- Cut chicken and peppers into bite-sized chunks.
- Separate onion slices into rings.
- Brush remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over one side of each tortilla.
- Place 4 tortillas, oiled sides down, on cookie sheet.
- Combine chicken, vegetables and cheese; divide mixture over tortillas.
- Top with remaining tortillas, oiled sides up.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for 6 minutes or until golden brown on bottom.
- Use a large spatula to turn quesadillas over.
- Continue baking until tops are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Cut into quarters.