Strawberry Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe medium-large avocados halved, pitted and scooped
- 1 shallot finely minced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 fresh jalapeno or habanero stemmed, seeded, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 lime finely zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces ripe strawberries chopped, plus a little extra for garnish
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mash avocados with a potato masher or a fork until coarsely mashed.
- Add the shallot, jalapeno, lime zest and juice (about 2 tablespoons), chopped cilantro, and strawberries, and fold until incorporated. Season to taste with salt. Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional chopped strawberries for garnish, or cover with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the surface and refrigerate for up to 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Adapted from loveandoliveoil.com