Unlike other recipes for similar cookies, this one calls for the cookies to be rolled in confectioners’ sugar once cooled; if they’re still warm, the coating will get sticky.
- 1½ c. pecans
- 3 tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 1½ c. confectioners' sugar
- 1.In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse pecans with 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar until very finely ground.
- 2.Prepare Basic Cookie Dough, stirring ground pecans into flour mixture before adding to butter mixture in step 2.
- 3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough by rounded measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 13 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are browned and cookies are light golden. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes to firm up slightly, then transfer to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 4.Place confectioners' sugar in pie plate. Roll cooled cookies in sugar to coat, twice if desired.
- 5.Store cookies, putting waxed paper between layers, in tightly sealed container at room temperature up to 1 week or in freezer up to 3 months.