Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
Taco Bell Gorditas Recipe
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heaping of lard (or Crisco)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- additional oil for frying
- 1. Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- 2. Add wet ingredients and mix.
- 3. Knead dough till all is combined.
- 4. Make balls from dough.
- 5. Press in tortilla press or by hand (a heavy pan works nicely) to about 1/8" thick.
- 6. On a cast-iron skillet with oil, fry tortilla on both sides.
Adapted from www.noshcookbook.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!